Tuesday, April 15, 2008

More Tomorrow... Maybe

Well, who would've thunk? I started out over two hours ago thinking I was going to do a quick post and go. Then the Internet worked well and even allowed me to do pictures (slowly but surely). This is your lucky day. I am glad you will be able to enjoy these pictures. We have so many more though. We wish we had our own satellite we could simply send these to the Wooster Grace sight and there you would have it. But unfortunately we are not the C.I.A.

This morning I spent at the work site. The Africans were able to pour concrete on one end of the floor while we were gone today. They were pouring the other side as I left this afternoon. This allowed the guys to work on the cabinets for the boys' tools, once we get them here. We are planning a big hand tool drive in our church sometime soon. The tools will go to help the boys for whom we are building this shop. We are so excited about what this place will mean to orphan boys who until recently had no hope whatsoever. We believe this will make a tremendous difference in their lives and we ask you to pray and to get involved!

I got to go now as electricity is about to go missing... I will wait until tomorrow to try to upload some pictures of the work site. You will be encouraged to see them. One side of the door is already hung and they were working on the mechanics of the whole thing this afternoon to make sure that it is entirely operational. When they started talking about cranks and shafts, I decided to leave... I thank God that these guys know what they are doing.

Like I said, I will try to hit the Internet again tomorrow, but please be aware that our schedule will be a little hectic in the next couple of days. And remember that the Internet is always a little surprise box...

Stay with God and keep those prayers (and comments) coming!

Pastor Ivanildo C. Trindade
itrindade@woostergrace.org

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"We try and make the world safe, knowing that the world will never be safe as long as millions live in poverty so a few can live as they wish."
Shane Claiborne

Pastor Daron said...

Praying for your last few days as you prepare for re-entry. You may have to "cut-us-some-slack" as we listen second hand to how God impacted you in the first person. But don't give up on us. We want to hear your stories, to see your pictures, and to view how God has reshaped your life these past two weeks. We miss you, guys! Can't wait to see you. Until then, Pastor Daron

P.S. Tim and Jeana--Zach and Val did great in the muscial "Splash Kingdom." :)

Laura G. said...

"When they started talking about cranks and shafts, I decided to leave... "
My favorite line so far Ivanildo and to that I say...
"To some he gave the gift working wtih their hands and to some he gave the gift of working with their words" Thanks goodness God uses and engages both gifts, it makes for beautiful teams like yours is!

Anonymous said...

Heh, Jeana,
I just was thinking about your children and wanted to let you and Tim know that the children's choir performance went so well and that Zack and Valerie did an excellant job...it was so fun and it was a packed house. :)
have a great evening...
prayers are lifted up for you all...all over the globe.
Celeste Kern

Anonymous said...

We are praying for your safe and healthy return to Wooster! We have been praying for you daily and have been encouraged by the updates! Thanks for the pictures - they help in praying and connecting us to you in ministry!

Anonymous said...

Good morning
I am thinking about all of you and how you must feel as you are getting ready to come home. We can't wait to see you on friday. If possible - it would be good to have a coming home itinerary... so we can pray. Mc continues to behave like such a big girl- I can't get over it! She reminds me when we should pray.
God bless you all
Michelle S.