Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another Sunday in Bangui

Hello everybody.

As you can tell, yesterday I was not able to get online. I came to the ICDI office but it was locked and no one had the keys. Oh well. This happens here and it is OK.

As I write this, I realize that many of you are in church right now. We have been to church already, had our first lunch (at the church, hosted by the pastor), then headed back to the guest house, changed, and had a second lunch with Dr. & Mrs. Yalipendi, the couple we've partnered with here in their work among people with HIV/AIDS. We had a wonderful time of fellowship with them plus Rob and me got to share our testimonies. They opened up to us and asked us to pray that they will grow spiritually and find people here that they can develop genuine relationships with, like the one they feel they have with us. That's something we all can pray for. We were all very blessed to have time with this couple.

I am now in the ICDI office and in the next couple of hours hope to post a couple of blog entries with pictures, including some reflections that other team members have written.


Tomorrow we plan to visit a Pygmy village outside of Bangui (about 60 kilometers). I can't wait to go there because I was there two years ago and since then they got a couple of latrines and a water well. I am told that the difference is noticeable. Before going to the village we will spend time at a place that has some waterfalls that you can actually swim in. I am looking forward to that too. Today has been the hottest day since we got here and we are all feeling it. But God is good. He is in control. And we are still in great spirits here.


Rick was quite sick yesterday. He had to stay at the guest house in the afternoon and rest. I took his place helping Rob with the metal doors we are making for the shop. Rob was welding and I was grinding. It was my first time doing that kind of job but I enjoyed it. If you don't think I actually did this, Rob actually has pictures to prove it. We were able to finish the door yesterday. And Rick is feeling a lot better today. We praise the Lord for all of that!



Pastor Ivanildo C. Trindade


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to hear of your activities and praying for your trip to the Pygmie village and for fun in the water falls.:)
We are praying for good health this last week and for Rick to continue to get strong.
Thank you for the pics and personal blog entries. So exciting to hear of your impressions and we too want to give Jesus what we have and see Him multiply it for His glory...great message Tim.
praying you all through,
Celeste and Steve Kern

Laura G. said...

Oh the Yalipendes! SO GLAD that you got to spend time with them and share your testimonies. I WILL pray today that the Lord brings people into their lives that they can grow spiritually with. What an amazing couple. Thank you for continuing that relationship.