Monday, April 07, 2008

Blogging from the dqrk

I apologize for not being able to blog yesterday. It was a full day with church responsibilities and today was no different. I finished teaching about half an hour ago or so and find myself now at an Internet Cafe, doing battle with an old computer with a very strange keyboard; I cqnt find anything here and the thing takes forever to type. I am at least two sentences ahead of it and have no idea whether my typing is what I want to type, and there is no way to ty to verify unless you wait for the text to catch up with your typing. Its like the Groundhog Day of typing...

Ah; yes, I am also typing in a dim light of a generator, as the city is in the dark again. All to say that I will not be able to do much today. This place does not have the right plug for my laptop and I am stucky. And i will have to wait until tomorrow to try to post pictures from a different place.

We areall well, praise God. Beth is much better, thanks for your prayers. The work in the building is progressing handsomely well and today Beth and Jeana worked at the AIDS clinic in addition to doing more orphan care work. I am through with my first day of teaching and the response from the students was very positive. I have a very astute group of students who asked a lot of questions. I wish I could tell you more, but I am not able with this kind of co,puter. But I did want you to know that we are alive and well. Your comments are a blessing; Everyone says hi. We love you all. Jesus is being lifted up; We are convinced that we are doing good work here qnd we are so humbled by the responses;

4 comments:

Laura G. said...

Ivanildo--
I was laughing so hard as I read this post, partly because I could totally imagine it and partly cuz of the words that weren't quite spelled right. I know the struggle:) Yay for Beth being better! Tell Suzanne Yalipende I said hello and send my hugs please Jeana. I continue to pray for all of you and hope all continues to go well!!

Lots of Love and Prayers,
Laura

Anonymous said...

I was able to talk to Beth this afternoon -she is doing 100% better due to getting some sleep the last 2 nights. She was calling from the same cafe and her computer died. She says hi to Dad and McCartney and although anxious to get home to see us all, she sounds so focused and in awe of what the people of the C.A.R. are going through. What an amazing blessing that our church can send people there to start a foundation for these people to someday better their lives and and hopefully hear the word of God and accept him..Thanks to all & Keep the prayers coming!-Josh Monday @ 2pm

Anonymous said...

Beth
I dropped off McCartney to Josh & kids on Sunday and as they were headed off to church tears filled my eyes to see such a great “family”. I’m so happy for
all of you and we are all so proud of your work in Africa too. It's wonderful to hear that you are getting much needed rest and feeling better. McCartney is doing great – she’s so brave, so strong and so proud of you helping the kids in Africa. We kept McCartney busy all weekend rock hunting, rock buying and making jewelry – she has such artistic abilities (wonder where she gets that)?
We read the blog every day and keep you all in our hearts & prayers ~ it’s wonderful to have this blog to read and keep up with your progress! What a great missions team you have to work with!!
Rene’ & Willy

Anonymous said...

Beth
I dropped off McCartney to Josh & kids on Sunday and as they were headed off to church tears filled my eyes to see such a great “family”. I’m so happy for
all of you and we are all so proud of your work in Africa too. It's wonderful to hear that you are getting much needed rest and feeling better. McCartney is doing great – she’s so brave, so strong and so proud of you helping the kids in Africa. We kept McCartney busy all weekend rock hunting, rock buying and making jewelry – she has such artistic abilities (wonder where she gets that)?
We read the blog every day and keep you all in our hearts & prayers ~ it’s wonderful to have this blog to read and keep up with your progress! What a great missions team you have to work with!!
Rene’ & Willy