Sunday, April 13, 2008

I'm Checking Out

Hey everyone:

My ride is here so this is all the time I have today. I thought I would give you a good surprise with the Portuguese entry. I have so many people in Brazil looking at this blog and they all wanted me to write something in Portuguese. I didn't have any other place to put it, so it is here. Our blog has gone international now.

It's a little after 6:00 p.m. here and I am going back to the guest house. The electricity just went out so I am working because of a generator that keeps this place going. ICDI has some important equipment here. I am thankful I can come here and use this place. Please, pray for the work of ICDI. They just found out that their partnership with the Word Food Programme, which provided until now food for all the orphans they sponsor (and also for the Grace Brethren sponsored orphans) has been terminated. The reason for this is that you actually have to run an orphanage to receive this kind of help. ICDI has stayed away from orphanages because this is not the best approach according to the culture here.

Now they have to find another source of funding for this great need. And it is a HUGE need and it starts right now. Please, pray!

Pastor Ivanildo C. Trindade
itrindade@woostergrace.org

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brother Rob,

You have been in my heart and prayers from the beginning and will remain. Here is a quote I believe is a theme of your experience in Africa.
We can do no great things, only small things with great love. - Mother Teresa
May your great love speak to those around you.

Signed,
COME ON!

Mills Family said...

Enjoyed the posts today, and while I didn't understand a word of the Portugese post, the photos spoke volumes! Praying for continued healing for Rick, your time in the Pygmie village and for continued opportunities.

Thanks for the perspective from Rob and Tim. You guys have amazing perspective. May God continue to use you!

Anonymous said...

Just keeping up with the CAR and praying God's grace and wisdom each day of your journey. Looking forward to hearing and seeing you all Wooside!

Blessings,
RAD

Anonymous said...

Dear friends,
I loved reading the guy's thoughts about their experiences. Yesterday at church we saw children from downtown that had not come with our group... God is multiplying things here too!
I can't wait to see how God will provide for the children you are caring for at the orphanage. What is the best way for us to help?
Have fun today in your travels-
Love to all- and hope Rick is much better.
Michelle S.

Unknown said...

I really enjoy reading your posts and comments. Please tell Rick that I hope he's feeling better soon.