Saturday, April 05, 2008

More Progress

Hello everyone!

It's about noon in Bangui now, Saturday morning, April 5.

Yesterday the work began in earnest at the sight where the wood shop will be in. A footer was completed and concrete is supposed to be poured today. It was neat to hear Rob give his testimony this morning. He said that yesterday his hands were getting a little tired from pounding nails when he remembered why he was doing what he is doing."This is going to be a place where young men will come to learn a trade and be introduced to Christ," he thought. And he kept pounding away, pain or no pain. That is such a wonderful image to keep in front of us all the time. And I praise God for using Rob to give us that reminder earlier this morning.

Both Rob and Rick remarked on how impressed they were with the work of the young Central Africans who are helping them with the project. Together with them we got so much done in just a few hours yesterday. We all feel good about this initial stage of our progress, but there is so much more that needs to be done.

We all get very excited here when we find out that people are reading the blog. And this includes all you family members out there. I saw Bethany choking some tears yesterday, as she read a comment by her sister. And this morning both Rob and Rick were talking about how encouraged they were that their children were reading this! Wow. Thanks for your prayers!

I am trying to post something quick here before I am picked up to go to lunch. I didn't go to the project site this morning, as I had so much preparation to make for my classes today. I am also preaching tomorrow at a church here in Bangui. Please, pray!

I am hoping to have more time this afternoon to post something with pictures, but am not sure. Generally speaking we are all healthy. Beth is the one who keeps struggling some. She has been not able to sleep the two nights we've been here. She stayed at the apartment today, trying to get some much needed rest. Please, pray!

Pastor Tom, my gracious ride, is here. I better go!

Pastor Ivanildo C. Trindade
itrindade@woostergrace.org

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for these daily updates! They are my life line to all of you. I know how Beth feels- I have only slept about 4 hours in the last couple of days. I guess we both ought to settle down! I am sending my thanks for the job you are all doing and praying continuously for wisdom and strength for the days ahead. I believe you all make up a "perfect team"
Jeana- keep an eye on our pastor, we don't want him falling out of any trees!
Michelle S.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there everybody. We are all praying for you back here in ohio. Hope Beth gets over her cold -maybe a mango from Pastor Ivanildo will help? -Josh

Laura G. said...

Ivanildo, thanks for these daily updates. I have to admit, I often feel a bit of envy that I am not there with you all:) Christ is working through all of you and your servant's hearts are coming through in the blogs. Ivanildo, I'll be praying for your preaching!! Beth, I hope you get better very soon. You especially have been in my prayers! I hope you got my telephone message before you left for Bangui. So blessed by all of you. Prayers are being lifted daily by many. Be encouraged!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hello Sweet Beth,
I am @ Medina Hospital, and I will be through at least Mon., so I will make more comments if Kris is available. Don't worry, I'm fine. I am hoping and praying for all of you daily. You are all an inspiration to me & I am boasting in the lord about all of you. Beth-I know that you will be feeling well enough to accomplish all that you are to do.
Love & Prayers to you all,
Dave S.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying right now for each one of you!Our awesome God will protect you.
Thanks for the daily news.
Pr. Ivanildo: Please don't try to do stuff that you did when young, OK? We are not that young anymore!!!
Beth hang in there, I'm praying for a good night of sleep for you!
Love,
Liz Rocha

Anonymous said...

BETHANY... SOUNDS AS IF YOU AND DAD ARE KINDRED SPIRITS RIGHT NOW. HANG IN THERE LOVEY GIRL... IT IS ALL GOING TO BE GOOD!!! WE WILL ALL BE GLAD WHEN YOUR BOTH HOME!!!! I LOVE YOU...AUNT DEB

Anonymous said...

Just so all of you guys know, anytime anyone from Grace has seen me over the past few days, they ask "Have you heard from your dad and the rest of the team? Tell them we are praying for them and we said hello." I also have to agree that I love reading the daily updates on the trip and seeing the pictures. It is no surprise to me that my dad is the one who pretended to eat a live baby chick. I'm so proud to hear that you gave your testimony too, Dad! I miss you and I love you. Beth, this smiley is for you :) Hope you can get some rest. I will continue praying for all of you!
-Erika M.