Friday, April 04, 2008

Another Day in Bangui

Pastor Ivanildo here. Blogging from Bangui.

In the next hour or so I hope to post some pictures and write a little bit here. Thanks everyone who is praying and posting comments on the blog.

We had a busy day yesterday. After our arrival some of us tried to rest, others were busy reacquainting themselves with friends from previous trips. We had a wonderful lunch prepared by our cook and housekeeper extraordinaire, Andre, and then some napped a little more.

From 3-6 p.m. Jim Hocking and several men tried to get the antenna to work. They brought it down a couple of times to try to reposition it so we could have Internet in the place where we are staying. This was one tedious effort and one in which all hands were on deck.

After supper Jim worked another two hours, with his son advising from Indiana, but in the end, no connection yet. Beth and I waited in the little office during that time, prayed a lot and felt somewhat frustrated at the end.

Most of the team was already in bed by the time I got to the apartment, but I stayed up until about 1:00 a.m. (true to my tradition). But when I hit the sac I slept like a Maytag repair man. Jeana and Beth, however, didn't have a lick of sleep. They were tired today. I told them not to take a nap today.

Well, all of this to say that the reason I didn't blog until now or check e-mail is that we have to ride all the way to the ICDI office in the other end of town, approximately 20 minutes from where we are staying. This is the same place where I blogged yesterday.

Anyway, this is my blog without pictures. Stay tuned!

Pastor Ivanildo C. Trindade
itrindade@woostergrace.org

2 comments:

Laura G. said...

Oh, do I ever understand the internet struggle and traveling to the ICDI office and asking Farell if I can use his office:)Prayed specifically for ICDI yesterday. I'll pray about internet connections and sleep for today. So excited that you all are there and that God is going to use and teach you mightily!

Pastor Daron said...

We pray that Jeana and Beth get rest. We are experiencing light rain and cloudy skies, but the temp is up to 50 degrees.

I had supper with Beth's family at Applebee's on Wednesday night. We had fun and enjoyed a meal together. I wanted them to know that I was praying for them as well as Beth.

We are so proud of the team preparing to do God's work. I trust that God helps you discover cement to start the project. He is able to make manna come from heaven. I trust he can make cement come from anywhere.

Can't wait to see how the Lord works,