Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Dining in Paris

Our team, in front of the restarurant where we ate today in Paris

We arrived in Paris safely and sound, after a very nice flight. We hooked up with Rob & Nichole Plaster, missionaries supported by our church, and made our way to a nice Morocan-style restaurant. We had been to that restaurant when I was here in 2006, so it was a pleasure seeing the owner again. He wanted to make sure we had a picture taken together this time.

Our team is doing well. Rob has a travel tip: when traveling overseas, always carry your passport (I forgot my passport at home before we left, but noticed it before we headed to the airport!). Pastor Tom gave a tip to the waitress at the restaurant: "never hug a burning cat." He was just being funny. We did tip her. I mean, Nichole did. Oh yes, we do have a new addition to our team, namely, "flat Stanley," a laminated boy drawn on a piece of paper that he inherited from a second grade class in Smithville. Well, needless to say, Stanley is being photographed in all kinds of places these days, including the women's bathroom...

We are thankful God has brought us here and everyone is in good spirits. I was talking to Beth about Paris and she made a comment that I thought was interesting. This was after I tried to get her to have her picture taken in front of the Cathedral of Notre Dame. She said: "Paris is OK, but I can't wait to get to Africa." That's pretty much the attitude among all of us.


me with Kemal, the restaurant owner
I am blogging now from the apartment where the Plasters live. Most of the team has left already for a tour of Paris. I am here in front of my computer updating the blog and soon will resume my studies, which got interrupted during the trip. I can't wait to resume studying. It's been a great blessing to study the book of 1 Thessalonians these last few weeks.

Thanks for your prayers again. Tonight we leave for Bangui. At 11:15 p.m. (Paris time, 6 hours ahead of Wooster).





Pastor Ivanildo C. Trindade
itrindade@woostergrace.org

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that God provided a safe flight to Paris for all of you and hope you have a smooth trip to C.A.R. tonight. It was also a nice to be able to speak with Beth today on Skype -thanks to whoever suggested that option. Take care and God bless!
-Joshua Lehman

Anonymous said...

Hurray, you made it this far! I have been praying for you throughout the day yesterday and today, and will continue. Please tell Bethany that I love her and am proud of her, and that we'll all take good care of McCartney. Thank you for posting prayer requests so that we can be more specific when we pray.
Love,
Kristen Fridley (Beth's sister)

Anonymous said...

Will pray for a continued safe journey for all. Bethany... you a a good girl and I love you. Hugs and Kisses...Aunt DEB

Pastor Daron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pastor Daron said...

Most excellent! What a wonderful way to harness today's technology to keep us informed. May God give you focused time and undistracted time to study. May God provide godly fellowship and a wonderful shared team experience in Paris. We are so proud of you.

Let the Plaster's know that I enjoy reading their blog. I wonder if you'll get the chance to hear the story about the Chadian friend they have. Ask 'em about him.

Anonymous said...

That would be my niece the art teacher...skip Paris, lets go to Africa!!! HUH??? (You know Im kidding :)) God Bless the work you need to do. Take Care! Love ya! Aunt Leslie

Mills Family said...

Continued prayers for safety, health and effective ministry! God is with you! Looking forward to following your journey!

Laura G. said...

Beth, I can totally relate to your comment about Paris. I felt the same way!!! And I thought I was the only one so I tried not to say anything. Praying for all of you still.

Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth
Rene' Sent us your web link,so we'll be able to "keep Track" of all of you! Love & Prayers!!!!
Rowena & Glen

Anonymous said...

I recently read a line that said, When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world shall have peace. I think that is what you are working towards. Take care and God bless all of you.
Gramma M.