Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"Hello, Thailand"

I am turning in now after a full day. The rest of the team went to places related to the Khmer Rouge regime of terror while I stayed at the guest house to catch up with blogging and call my wife and kids. I also had a chance to talk to Pastor Narin, a dear brother who pastors a new church here in Phnom Penh, who has quite a story of life transformation, from monk to a committed follower of Jesus Christ. Narin and his wife Quennie have started this guest house to help further the cause of Christ while at the same time providing some extra income and job opportunities for believers who would otherwise have difficulties finding a job. The experience at the guest house was excellent. We thank God for this couple and their dedication to Jesus Christ and his mission.

We had lunch at "Lucky Burger," a sort of McDonald's wanna-be, and then drove to Kieng Klang, the State run orphanage. We were able to provide a good snack of food (fruit, bread, sandwiches, coke, etc.) to 130+ children, aging from 6 to 24. I will tell you more about this orphan later. I also want to tell you about our visit to the dump. Ir turned out it ws not what we expected but I will tell you later.

Thanks for your prayers and your comments. We leave at 7:00 a.m. our time on Wednesday (tomorrow) to Chiang Mai, Thailand. Our flight leaves at 9:40 a.m. and we should arrive in Chiang Mai at 1:30, Lord willing.

I am fading away fast here. Thanks for your patience with this short (and perhaps incomprehensible) post.

Stay with God,

Pastor Ivanildo C. Trindade
itrindade@woostergrace.org

2 comments:

Kaillie Dravenstott said...

Praying for strength for you all! I'm so thankful that you all got to spend time with the Kanes and were able to help Narin and Queenie out. They are great people!
Jeana- praying for your cough!!
Gentlemen- great haircuts! That is one experience that I didn't have over there. ha.

Have an awesome time in Thailand!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the quick update and I look forward to what God is doing there.

Still praying,
Denise