Thursday, January 21, 2010

Completely Plugged in L.A.


We're sitting on the floor at Los Angeles Airport Bradley Terminal waiting for our flight to Taipei, Taiwan with China Air, using a multi-plug thing that RAD has to connect what seems to be a myriad of gadgets. Jeana is charging her cell phone. I have my computer plugged them, a lady from Vietnam (whom RAD had to ask permission to replace his five-function plug for her two-function one, which she agreed to), she has a cell phone and a DVD player plugged in and her husband across the floor is connected to another cell phone, both talking in their language at the same time, while their two small kids roam around totally unconnected to anything! We are all connected to the same source talking to the world. Oh the joys of modernity -- if we could only turn it into something good!

RAD has also helped me connect to the Internet through his "walking hot spot," which allows me to connect on my computer via his windows phone. Bill Gates would be proud.
We are doing relatively well. Yes, I did spend a considerable amount of time during the flight from Cleveland in the bathroom. Antibiotics tend to make things turn liquid inside me... Sorry. I am a little better now but just took a couple of other pills, so we will see.

We just ate our last McDonald's meal for the next two weeks and I am glad to report that Jeana was eating some French Fries. I never knew she ate that stuff. She and Nathan are now "getting ready for bed." They headed for the restroom. She said she was going to put her pajamas on but I think she was joking. :). Please keep praying for us, the longest leg of our trip starts in about an hour and a half.
Greetings from the RAD world of sitting on the carpet from LAX. Well, good news, if you're name is Suzi and you're hoping I haven't forgotten about your wedding . . . finished it a few minutes ago, 12:25 to be exact, so looks like you're going to get married after all:)

Wow, the overwhelming support of our Grace and four14 family has been nothing short of completely phenomenal. To have the opportunity to represent Jesus is a staggering privilege all of it's own, and then to couple that with representing so many people and families from Grace in the lives of our kids at Grace Place Thailand and Grace Place Cambodia . . . it's truly an honor to go on your behalf. Thank-you and I look forward to many great days ahead and stories to share with you along the way. Thanks in advance for your posts, it's like letters from home, but for now, R-A-D signing out until we speak again from the other side of the ocean.

P.S. Special thanks to Naza for the what "to do with a sleep deprived Brazilian" tips that you gave me. I'm sure they will come in handy:)

Pastor Ivanildo here again. We had our first team meeting here at the airport and we each shared our expectations for this trip. I am really excited to see that the whole team is focused on serving each others and humbly serving everyone we come in contact with (thanks for that prayer earlier Ben F.!). We are so thankful for a church that allows us to do this sort of thing, and not only allows but promotes, empowers and celebrates this kind of ministry. Thank you everyone and please keep praying for us!

Pastor Ivanildo C. Trindade
itrindade@woostergrace.org

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I once sat in the LAX airport for 13 hours...yeah, I missed a flight. So, I know what that feels like. Glad technology is working well for you!

Anonymous said...

Just keeping thinking of you and wondering where you are! Must be about midnight where you are. Hope you are on the ground soon and I'd like to know some of those tips on dealing w/ a sleep deprived Brazilian! Also- I'd like a picture of Jeana eating fries! Haha!Praying again!!
diane t.

Anonymous said...

Long journey, eh? Well we're all praying, for sure! We prayed for you guys last night at four14. God bless!

LionofJudah said...

Leave it to RAD to have some gadget that exactly meets the need of the situation...I think "being over-prepared" should be a spiritual gift