Saturday, January 23, 2010

Faces That Love Made






































































[Blogger's Note: Hopefully these pictures will make sense to you, after you read the last post. No matter, you will see love stamped everywhere. The pictures actually reflect the order of events in reverse (i. e. the last picture posted is actually the first thing we did (after team meeting and breakfast) -- we went to the girls' room and helped put together all the gifts for our sponsored children. While we were working, the electricity went out, so we were sweating like Cambodians on a normal day. Most people here do not enjoy the luxury of air-conditioning anyway... In the afternoon we went back to GP:BB, but I took no picture because my battery was left charging in the hotel. Well, it's 12:28 a.m. Sunday morning here (mid-day Saturday for you all). I have spent more than two hours putting these pictures here and have to be ready for a church service where I'm preaching which starts at 8:00 (8:00 p.m. Saturday your time). Please pray for us and for the service to honor our Lord in all ways. I will TRY to put some more pictures here tomorrow. Kevin and Jill took us to an ice-cream place tonight. Nice. We also stop by the stall on the streets that sell all kind of bugs (water bugs, crickets, etc.). I tried my first bug for the first time. The first bug is like your first love -- you never forget. After removing the little antennae and other little legs sticking out, as well as the behind of the little poor thing (some people also prefer to remove the head), you chew it as fast as you can. Actually no. Once the thing hit my mouth it was actually tasteful. Of course, it is cooked, so I was not responsible for killing the little thing. I might have another one tomorrow, if Nathan joins me -- he also tried a couple (and has the pictures to prove it). Not to repeat an often used phrase here, but it does taste like chicken. Barbecued, that is... yummy].
Love the comments, live on the prayers. Jeana was feeling better this afternoon.
Pastor Ivanildo C. Trindade

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures- I think I saw my girl!! Thank you so much :)
Michelle

Kaillie Dravenstott said...

You are brave souls for trying the bugs!! I couldn't do it while I was there... but Jill loves them :)
I love Love LOVE the pictures!!!!
Thank you for all you guys do and for loving on the kiddos! They are SO happy to have you there :)

Nick Cleveland said...

Nathan, what a sweet opportunity you are having at such a young age. I am praying for you each day while you're gone. We will pray for you tomorrow in HSM and can't wait for you to return and tell us about your experience and the children God has allowed you to love on! Thanks for going man!

Kristen Fridley said...

Amazing photos! Those look like well fed, well cared for, and well loved children!! :) Thanks for posting these pics.

Randy Claes said...

Really love seeing the pictures! The joy on the kids faces is awesome. We prayed for you guys at wcs chapel yesterday and will continue to do so. I'm not surprised that Nathan tried bugs. When we were in Mexico he ate a chicken heart.

Anonymous said...

Praying for the service and for all that you encounter. I love the pictures. It makes me feel like I am there, except I miss the tactile element...the hugs and more hugs from the kids. :)
I am so glad Jeana is doing better. Will pray for good rest!
love,
Celeste Kern

Life with la familia said...

Such beautiful, beautiful happy children! I can't help but sit here at my computer in Wooster with tears of joy in my eyes when I see those little faces!
Enjoy the rest of your trip and keep heaping love on those sweet kids.
Love, Becky and the rest of the Lee family
P.S. As I type this Madeleine is randomly singing 'Jesus Loves the Little Children'! Nothing could be more appropriate!