Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"Wow" by Traci Schar



Wow! This has been one time-warped illusion. It’s hard to keep all my thoughts straight. It feels like one month’s worth of activities is happening in a day. Today we spent the day with the GROW children. They are so very special and cared for. They are group of wonderful children. So fun and crazy like their mom, Faa. We gave them the “American experience,” by taking them shopping in a mall. Something they never had the opportunity to do previously. 

We started a mural on the walls of the new art room. As we were leaving an imprint on the walls here, I couldn’t help wonder if we too would leave an imprint on the children here. Well, I can’t speak for the children here, but I have most definitely been imprinted by them. Upon arriving at Grace Place, Battambang, I felt like I was meeting relatives for the first time. I was welcomed in the same manner, just like when we opened our home to one of our foster children and they become part of our family. This is how the children there made me feel. 

Now, I knew it was going to be that way with our sponsored child, Heng. We have pictures and have been praying for him for a long time. But, I got that feeling from every child here. It so hard to even talk about because my heart aches when I think of all the children’s faces. How could I get such a close connection in such a short period of time? I think God is breaking my heart for my future. The love from these children is amazing- praying for us as “Mummy and Daddy.” What a blessing to sponsor these little angels.

Traci Schar 

My name is Traci Host Schar and I am the wife of Charlie N. Schar. Together we have 2+ sons, Gavin (age 8) and Logan (age 4). The + is because we are foster parents, and for the past year, we have at least one more extra son in our home.  I am looking forward to going on this trip because I want to meet in person and hug another son, Heng Ny Seang.  He is one of the orphans we sponsor and he lives in Cambodia.  I have compassion for hurting children everywhere and want to help anyway I can.  I also have a heart for missions, which makes this trip super exciting for me, because it is my first mission trip!  I pray that God will use me to show His compassion to His children everywhere.  I pray that God will show me where He wants to lead me next.  God willing, I hope this will be the start of many more mission trips, maybe even long term. 

3 comments:

Brianna said...

Hi All!
Just a quick note to let you know that we're praying you all home. May you find rest even as you travel. True and real rest from God. See you very soon.
Love,
Bria

Anonymous said...

Well said Traci! I think the kids connected with you very nicely :) Renee

Pastor Daron said...

Thanks for your thoughts on how God is working in you, Traci. May you and the team return safely and engage the culture shock of life back at home. You are all different now. May you trust God as people may not see things as you've experienced them. Please give us some time to process and understand. We love you all!