Saturday, January 07, 2012

Thinking about today from the eyes of Carlin Tiano...

"Putting today into words is more difficult than I thought it would be when I was asked to write the blog for today. Between the bus ride that felt like an earth quake simulator that rattled my brain, to stepping off that bus and being greated by a group of children with open arms was quite a roller coaster both mentally and physically. When I exited the bus, the first face I saw was that of my families sponsored child waiting to hug me It didn't feel like we were meeting for the first time, but rather that I was reunited with a little brother.
Though I only have spent a few hours with these kids, I feel a very deep connection with them. Now I really know what this trip is all about, it is real. I see the outpouring of love from these kids as a true blessing and I wonder whom is ministering to whom? We played with balloons and they had such a blast making hats and animals! It was Kelly's Birthday today so we surprised her with a cake, and as Cambodian tradition would have it, the cake ended up being smashed and smeared all over the nearest friends face!

I am truly thankful for the opportunity to be here bringing all the love that our church has to share with our family from Grace to our family in Cambodia. And most of all, I'm so grateful that the Lord has allowed me to experience and grow and deepen my heart for how big He is, and how awesome it is to be a part of the family of God. Thanks everyone for your prayers and support of our team and of me. My name is Carlin Tiano, that's my story and I'm sticking with it!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW… Amazing , Real joy to see Carlin with Ly Mao. Love the ballon pic.
Doing any card tricks for them Carlin???

Bill Tiano

Anonymous said...

OH my Carlin - you did make your mom cry! We are so proud of you son!! Hug Ly Mao for us! You look great - get lots of sleep and keep using those propel packets in your water!! :) Love you - Mom, Dad, Josh and Mariah!! (p.s take lots of good pictures for us!)

Life with la familia said...

Oh Carlin, I teased you about not letting Diane make you cry and now you've got me crying! So glad you're all there! Lots of love from the Lee family to the team and all of those gorgeous children!

Anonymous said...

Carlin, words cannot express how I feel about what you're experiencing. So I'll just say, 'Praise Jesus'! - Nick

Pastor Daron said...

Praise God for your time with your "little brother." Thanks for going on the other side of the world to share God's love.