Saturday, April 10, 2010

The "Magic" of the Dead Sea









Even on a hazy day some of the most spectacular pictures I have taken so far were from the beach at the hotel on the Red Sea. Unfortunately I can only put a few here for the sake of time. My wife and I spent about half an hour on this "sea" which is really a dying lake and did the tourist thing.
My wild guess, I told my wife, is that the Red Sea is unswimmable and unpleasant, so someone had to come up with something to make more palatable to unsuspecting tourists like myself. Whoever did it was very clever, though not original -- somehow claims were made that the waters and the mud of the Dead Sea had curative powers. So now millions flock every year from all over the world to float on the Dead Sea to try some of its remedies. The hotel even provides you with a bucket full of mud from the Red Sea (it actually smelled like mud from the Amazon to me) and you can dispense it liberally on yourself for free... or, for a "small" sum, you can go to the spa or health center at the hotel and take your chances at healing or finding the cure to persistent wrinkles.
Well at least for me the cure has already begun to work. The salt from this miracle lake has already accelerated the process of healing from the bruisings I got at Petra yesterday. And this is no joke!

Pastor Ivanildo C. Trindade

No comments: