Wednesday, November 26, 2008

To God Be The Glory!

Today is Wednesday and we are back in Bangui. Tom and I finished a couple things on the orphan care center door. Today is a day to finish some little things before heading home tomorrow.

This will probably be my last blog entry, so I thought I would say thanks to God and all who have prayed for Rick, Tom, and me. This trip at times seemed like an episode from "Survivor." With Rick's sickness and my broken finger, Satan has tried to discourage us and take our eyes off Jesus. But greater is He who is in us than he that is in the world!!!

I thought I would share from God's Word to close out our time here. Ephesians 2:8-10: "For it by Grace you have been saved through faith and this is not of yourselves it is gift of God not by works so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship created in Christ to do good works which God has prepared in advance for us to do."

This passage teaches us that it is all about God, so all glory is His. We all are beneficiaries of God's grace through Jesus' death and resurrection. The good things we do are not to earn our salvation but to fulfill God's purpose. This is the legacy I want to leave -- to be faithful, persevere and give all glory to God. Are you fulfilling God's plans for your life? It takes all of us.

I want to wish all of you a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Tom and I are going to eat at the US Ambassador's house for our meal. Then I depart Thursday evening. Tonight Tom and I plan to visit Dr. Paul Yalipende and his wife, Susan. I will have him re-wrap my finger before heading home. We also want to maintain our relationship with them. Pray that we can encourage them. Sorry, my camera battery is dead so I used a picture from a previous trip.

In His Service,

Tim
[Blogger's note: Please, pray for Jeana and the children, who will spend Thanksgiving without Tim. And pray for a safe return and happy reunion of Tim with his family].

No comments: