Monday, November 24, 2008

God is Using Tim

Today is Saturday and I am sure many of you are watching the big Ohio State game. Go Bucks!!

Sorry for the delay in info but the last couple of days have been very busy. So let me get you caught up.

Thank you for your prayers, the devotions went very well on Friday morning. I asked Jesus to help me use my being here to help them understand why I would come here. This gave me the opportunity to share a little of my testimony. My main points were: purpose (Eph.2:8-10), sacrifice and perspective. I wanted them to know that many in the USA are sacrificing to help their country.

Sometimes they assume ICDI has a lot of money so they should pay the employees more. I wanted them to consider how they could sacrifice for the Lord through ICDI. The night before I prayed that God would help me use my injury to impact the men. I am going to share with you what God gave me to share, maybe it will encourage you as well.

I began by asking them, "When I hurt my finger where did I go for help? Did I go to the welding shop and ask someone to weld my finger back together? Did I have Jim Hocking take me to a cell phone store? Did I ask to go to a Dentist office? Of course not! I went to the hospital to see a doctor who is specifically trained to take care of my wound so I could eventually heal. But even though I went to the right person I still had to surrender my finger and trust the doctor. But what if when the painful shots started coming I told the doctor to stop, I will go back the house this is too painful. That would only lead to even more pain associated to more infection. The pain from the disinfection process and numbing shots were for my benefit and would lead to eventual healing.

This is the way our lives are. The Bible says, "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." We all have pain in our lives, where do we go to help with our injuries? Do we go the bar and drink our sorrows away? Do we think if only I made more money then the pain would go away? Or what if I got a new wife would that take the pain away? Or what if I moved to another country? None of these or endless others will take care of our injuries. Jesus is the expert who knows exactly how to address our life's pain. We must surrender our lives to Him and trust that He can repair our lives. But just like in the hospital, repairing first requires necessary pain to prepare for healing. But Jesus has our best interest in mind; healing and restoration!"

Since that devotional, many comments were made of how God had challenged them. It has been especially good with the guys whom I am training. We have had some great discussions and I believe our relationship is strengthening. Bruno, (he is the one who helped me hurt my finger...), has really seemed to open up and he even brought his pet monkey to show me today. Another way my injury has helped is because they see me still working( don't tell Jeana!!). They told me that they felt bad when they saw me working late so from now on they would stay after hours to be with me. Today they came on their day off and they stayed late to help me. My prayer is that my true impact will be in people not just a machine and projects accomplished.

Finger update: On Friday, I went back for a check up and all look well. No infections, Praise God!! Keep praying that the healing will continue. I am also hoping my swelling goes down so I don't have to cut my wedding ring off.

In the picture is Bruno, Bernard, and my translator Alexia and their new Harley Drilling hats and OSU balls for their kids.

In His service
Tim

[Blogger's note: I heard from Jeana yesterday that Tim finally relented and had his wedding ring cut off. Apparently it was "doctor" Tom who performed the procedure].

No comments: