Monday, April 27, 2009

Pastor Bob is in Phnom Pehn!!

Hi everyone:

I'm at an Internet cafe right now...We had very good flight (s) from CLE to LAX to Taipei to Phonm Penh (I lost track of hours after 24 - but I did sleep some through the long flight across the Pacific.

First impression - I met Savorn and Sony - the AH country director and his wife at the Phonm Penh airport. WHAT JEWELS!! I felt like I met Hebrews 11 people - "the world is not worthy of them." Talk about gracious people!!

Second impression - It's HOT! Phonm Penh reminds me a lot of Belem, Brazil, when I visited there years ago. Three of the orphanage directors in PP met us at the airport along with Savorn and Sony. What wonderful leaders God has given this ministry.

Dr. John Campbell is my gracious tour host - and is very considerate of any needs I have. Please pray that I'm able to encourage the AH staff and all the orphans, as well as be an effective testimony for the Lord!Thanks so much for praying!

Blogger's note: Time wise, remember that they are 12 hours ahead of us. As you pray for Pastor Bob, Please remember these requests:

1. To represent our church effectively during the dedication of our new “Grace Place” orphanage in Battambang, Cambodia.
2. To express the love of the “Family of Grace” for “our” orphans.
3. To provide encouragement to the Asia’s Hope staff in Cambodia and Thailand.
4. To observe and contribute to the ministry of our missionaries, Kevin and Jill Kane, in Battambang.

No comments: