Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A 'Fun' Day in Berberati

[Blogger's note: I had a conversation on the phone with Jeana before I got the following note from Tim. It seems like the enemy is not happy with the work we're doing in the CAR... What Tim is not telling us, because of his gentle heart par excellence, is that it was one of the guys he was training who caused the accident. Now I know some of you will be quick to blame the teacher... just kidding, but seriously, we all need to pray not only for healing for Tim but that he will be able to reach out to the guy who caused the accident and that their relationship will not be affected by it. And continue to pray for Jeana and the kids too!].

I hope all is well back in Wooster. I understand you have some snow. It has been pretty hot here, dry season has started so I am sure temps are near or over 100.

I talked to Tom last night and he said that he and Rick were working at the orphan care center. Rick is much better and working hard before he leaves tomorrow. Please pray for his safe return.
Today I continued the training on the machine but I got to experience the Berberati hospital. About mid-morning I got my finger between the machine and another piece of metal. Not a good combination! It turned out my finger was broken and cut. The doctor did a good job fixing me up.

This was not part of my plan for my time here. Today has been a painful day but as I try to type this with a broken finger I am listening to a song on my headphones that reminds me that God's Grace is enough for me! God knows how to send the right message when I sure need it. I would appreciate your prayers for good healing and no infections.


Tomorrow morning I am sharing in the morning devotions with all the employees so I am praying for God to use me and this situation for His glory. That will be at 7am (11:00 p.m. our time tonight) so please pray for me.
On the lighter side, as you can see from my picture I am cheering for the Buckeyes, go Bucks #1 at least a broken finger is good for some things.

God Bless,

Tim




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing great work! Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

You're doing great work! Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Now you are full fledged. You always have to leave Africa with some scars other than on your heart. Our prayers and best wishes to all. George and Jane

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Honey! Lots of people have been praying for you and our family. It's so incredible and comforting how God cares for us through His people.

Love ya,
Jeana

Anonymous said...

Hello Zorro, Tom,& Rick

Praise the Lord, and pass the ibuprofen. As I read the blog pages I am awed by what the Lord is doing through you guys and the whole ICDI team. It's amazing.
Tim, I hope that through your pain there is much gain. You are in our prayers.