Saturday, July 21, 2012

Riding the Nori


Riding the Nori
Well I must say we were all too tired yesterday to send anything for the blog, so tonight I will try to catch everyone up.  Yesterday we spent time with Jill Kane.  She took us on the Nori, a bamboo train, through the countryside.  When we stopped at the end before turning around, we took time to meet and get to know many of the sellers there.  We really enjoyed this very much.  People are so excited when you have a child the same age as theirs, or the same number of children and so on.  They say they are the same as us.  This really seems to be something that makes them feel good, that they are the same as us.  And they are really.  Created by the same God, have the same hopes and dreams of providing for their families, searching for God.  There is a saying over hear that goes, "Same Same but Different".  These people are same same but different. What a pleasure to be able to encourage them and make them smile. 

It was after that when we discovered what is so special about the supermarket. This place is a three story mall sort of (same same but different). on the third floor was a game room.  This is what they called the "supermarket".  So we bought them a bunch of tokens, passed them out, and watch the kids go at it.  Basketball was a hit, along with bumper cars and the claw that picks up treasures if you are lucky enough to get one.  We were lucky only once.  Then it was back to Grace Place for dinner and massages. Now Jamie and Zac had it pretty rough, but I had the royal treatment.  Vannak brought out the mattress and had me lie down.  Then four kids or so massaged my back, legs, arms, fingers, feet and toes.  I think I actually fell asleep. (Now you know why I didn't write last night. I was really asleep before I made it back to the hotel).



No comments: