Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Inter-testamental Period

It's 7:20ish on Tuesday evening and I am just writing to let everyone know that I have had no new update from the team. This can mean only one thing: none of the phones are working. I know this is very disappointing to all of us, but I want you all to know that though we haven't heard anything, I think the truism "no news is good news" applies in this case. I know the people our team is with and I know that if something out of the ordinary had happened, they would find a way to communicate back to us here in the U.S.

So I just want to encourage you to keep on praying:

For a Spirit-filled week for all the members of our team.
For endurance as they will be working, dealing with highs and lows of their emotional scales, and wisdom as they make decisions every day on what to do and how to go about doing it.
For the rain to subside so they get the work on the school building completed.
For many opportunities to get to know the villagers and their stories.
For Pastor Gaston, the leader of the church at the village of PAMA, as he hosts the team. That this will serve as an encouragement to him and his congregation.
For the many orphans in that village. That they will be blessed during this week by the members of our team.
For many of the children who are sick in that village. That they will be ministered to and find relief to some of the pain they are carrying.

Thank you for standing with us during this Inter-testamental period, as Pastor Dave Lawson put it today during staff meeting.

Remember, God is alive in PAMA, and He is using our people to make a difference. I hope you are standing in the gap for them!

Pastor Ivanildo Trindade

No comments: