Saturday, July 03, 2010

Matt Yoder's Thoughts on Asia

                                                                             
Monday morning after having spent the night at Grace Place, we prepared an American breakfast for the kids. We made them pancakes and scrambled eggs. They loved it! What amazing children they are as a few of them had to be practically drug out of the kitchen for us to serve them because they had such a willingness to help. But this once it was our chance to serve them.

After breakfast we headed back to the hotel for a quick breather. Then we went out with the Kanes to a market which is their walmart and grocery store. You can buy everything from pigs feet and snake meat to clothes and make-up.

Monday night was our outreach which went very well. Despite having a sound system that desperately needed some TLC, it went fairly smoothly. The dances were awesome and I was told our skit was good. We were at first worried because one of the other dance teams performed a very similar skit. But, it’s all about planting seeds. I have heard that about 100 people raised their hands that prayed for Christ to come into their lives out of about 310 that were there.

-Matt Yoder

Matt Yoder's Bio - I'm 27 living in Massillon. I love God above all things. Second though, I love flying. I also like riding my motorcycle, a 1983 Honda Nighthawk. I am currently employed at Preferred Airparts in Kidron. Another hobby I have is fish keeping. I have a 75 gallon freshwater tank.

No comments: