Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Eternal Investment

Hi, Again!

Back to the Internet cafe, where it's 9 PM and cooled down to, oh, 89.

Great afternoon! We visited three orphanages with about 70 orphans combined. The children sang, danced, hugged, said, "How old are you?" and patted my stomach and said, "Babies?" I don't think so (!)

At the last orphanage about 6 young girls did a traditional Cambodian dance (think of a scene from "The King & I" musical). It was AMAZING! The costumes had been created by the housekeeper at the orphanage and they were beautiful!!

At every stop, the children sang at least one worship song in English. I cried several times as I heard them sing, "You came from heaven to earth to show the way, from the earth to the cross my debt to pay, from the cross to the grave, from the grave to the sky, Lord I lift your name on high." I passed out candy and prayed with them before we left each orphanage.

The staff members are deeply dedicated to showing the love of God to these children who are starved for genuine love. As Dr. John Campbell said, "They are Asia's Hope." What a privilege to support and participate in this kind of ministry. Who knows the impact these children will have on this country and continent in years to come?

Most of all, we have the opportunity to invest in their lives and their ETERNITY! Please keep praying for all of us - especially for health, safety and effective ministry.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Pastor Bob

6 comments:

Pastor Daron said...

Praise the Lord, Pastor Bob.

We are praying for you. Pastor Ivanildo prompted me to direct our church family to read your posts by highlighting them in the Sunday AM program.

May God grant you great health, wisdom to offer encouragement and exhortation, and energy to deliver God's message.

As ever,

Pastor daron

Anonymous said...

Pastor Bob,

We are praying for you along with the children at Grace Place. How I wish I could be there too. Hug them all for me when you get there!!!!

Jeana Harley

Life with la familia said...

How awesome, Pastor Bob! I wish I was there to see those sweet faces as well. Keep giving out hugs from Team Hope and Wooster Grace! Take care, try not to melt away and we'll keep praying for ya!

Becky (and the rest of the Lee family)

Anonymous said...

It's so great to read what's happening on your trip. I'm loving reading about it. It's so good to hear that even these children have been exposed to musical theatre!!! YEAH!!!
We'll keep praying for your health and safety.
Teri

Anonymous said...

Pastor Bob,
Please pass along hugs for Ed and I, too! We are so grateful to know you are there and will be praying for your health, safety and ability to encourage. What a privilege to be in God's world!

In HOPE,
Diane and Ed Tirakis

Anonymous said...

Matthew 22:34-40

greatest two commandments.

to receive the extraordinary love of the Father…

to pass it on…

this, is to know the father... and to know the Son

Show the love that you have received to ALL... at home and to the ends of the earth.

Bob, may God be with you in an extraordinary way.

Marlin