Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Life is a Highway"

Hey, I’m Adam Cruise and I’m a senior at Triway High School. I enjoy connecting with my friends and talking about life. At school I enjoy government and global foods classes. I also play sports including soccer, kicker for the football team, and running track. Outside of school, I like hanging out with friends. When I have some free time I like to listen to music and paint. On Sunday mornings I am a member of the HSM Tech Team and about a year ago I got involved in teaching a Kindergarten Sunday school class. Every week I look forward to seeing the kids again. I love seeing the kids and teaching them about God. I’m very glad I have an opportunity to go on this trip because I get to share God’s love with children on the other side of the world.

                                                                               X X X
Tuesday, February 23

Hello from Asia. Today was an exciting day of fun in the Cambodian sun. Today we travled to Siem Reap at 5 in the morning. We arrived in town approx. 8 but didn't reach our final destination till 9:30. After eating a "quick" breakfast, we ventured towards the ruins of Angkor Wat. We spent the entirety of the day exploring the ruins with our trusty guide Darun. Darun told us about the great and long history of the ruins. And while he was explaining about some great ruin, we were to busy looking at the monkeys. After we left the ruins and freshened up at the hotel we headed to the White Rose ministries*. Well it has been a long and tiring day.

*a ministry that has been helping rescuing and retraining ladies who once were sex workers, and allowing them to experience love and acceptance in the name of Christ.
Wednesday, February 24


You ever hear the song “life is a highway”. Well we drove life’s highway today and, boy, it was bumpy. We began our journey from Seam Reap to Phnom Penh at 8:30 after eating a nice breakfast at the Golden Orange hotel that we stayed at the night earlier. We journeyed for 6 hrs, sometimes stopping for food along the way. Along the way we were entertained by near misses with other vehicles and Faa’s comical mannerisms. Along the way pastor Ivanildo told us there was a Delicious surprise waiting for us in Phnom Penh. We continued on and soon arrived at our destination, the Lucky Burger! aka Asian MacDonald's. We all order our food and are milling about when suddenly RAD walks in the door!!! We all greeted him with excited hugs and handshakes. After hanging at Luck Burger we ventured out once more, some to the Russian Market to buy gifts for the state orphanage, some to the genocide museum. The Genocide museum was a sobering experience for every one. After the museum we went to the State Orphanage, where we shared our testimonies and gave the children a great snack, which they loved. Then we went to a restaurant to have some delicious food. And now we are back at the guest house figuring out packing for tomorrow. Our flight leaves at 6:30 tomorrow morning. Please pray for strength tomorrow as we rise from our resting at 4.


Miss you all

Adam

4 comments:

Karen said...

I'm praising the Lord that RAD was able to travel to catch up to all of you. What a nice surprise. And to Holly: Thank God Who is Able! Just can't wait til you return to tell me all about it. Be safe & see you soon. Give my love to Faa and the children! Take lots of pics.

LuAnn Graber said...

Praying that our heavenly Father will hold you (individually and collectively) in the palm of his hand as you travel.

Ben Framstad said...

"The Lucky Burger" - ha! I love it. Glad to hear all that God is doing in you and the team. Thanks for the update buddy :)

Ben

Nick Cleveland said...

Adam, we love you and are praying for you here at HSM! Keep on running - Hebrews 12!