Monday, March 28, 2011

The G.R.O.W. Kids Sing!

So one day early in the morning I showed up at the G.R.O.W. home and took the kids to school. I wish you could have been there to see the surprise look on the face of the kids as they started shouting to each other, "Adasala is here! Adasala is here." Note: "Adasala" is the name they gave me in Akha. It means something like "Father-Pastor." I felt so happy that day but my happiness trailed in comparison to their joy and excitement. It almost makes me cry when I think that for most of these kids it would have been the first time ever that "Daddy" took them to school. A moment they will probably never forget. I drove the truck with the small children in the cab (the older ones are very proud to ride on the back, with the cover and the benches we've provided for them).

The whole time from the G.R.O.W. home to the school they were singing worship songs. On the way back, I caught them singing this song about the time Jesus calmed the storm when he was out on the boat with the disciples. I thought to myself, "How fitting. These children are singing about Jesus keeping them safe from the storms of life." And that's what rescuing children is all about. No more fear of the evil person who comes like a bad storm in the middle of the night. No more pain from having an empty stomach. No more hopelessness. They are "home now." Sing on, children!


Pastor Ivanildo C. Trindade

2 comments:

Karen said...

Really enjoyed reading the last of the blogs. What an experience, what a beautiful group of children. What an amazing God of love we have.

Novelty Pens said...

Fun Video... They are so cute!