Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Grace Place Battambang Sun Aug 22

We arrived at the complex after the service had started. The children immediately stood up and swarmed our van. We could not get out.  We were greeted with the words of affection, "We love you daddy/mommy."

Each one wanted touched; hold hand, hug a shoulder, hug around the neck, eye contact with big smiles all around.  Each dark eyed child exuded amor (love).  Each face shone with love in smiles so large it would block out the sun.  Each person exemplified gratitude.

I was overwhelmed with emotion. I praise God for the rescue work we do in partnership with Asia's Hope.  We get to rescue children to save a country.

Sure, there are lots of obstacles to clear and challenges that on over the horizon. But we get to help them.

One of the older children recognized me from the photos we sent with Pastor Ivanildo at an earlier visit.  Immediately I was engulfed again by BB4 kids.  Then Yun Vannak found me. He welcomed me graciously and showed me the house.  I marvel at how well the older children help. I wonder how they take care of things. But I also know that the culture is a shared-life context. You help because you are part of the family.  That's what you do.

Overall, I am impressed with Yun Vannak and his wife. I thanked them for their sacrificial love and care for our kids.  I wept as I pondered the amazing potential of our children to change Cambodia. I look forward with prayer and godly expectation to the day as a strong Cambodian church emerges from the house of rescue to rescue other lost and orphaned ones all around Cambodia, Southeast Asia, and to the ends of the earth.

1 comment:

marlin said...

When God intervenes in lives we often think that just that one thing or one life has changed. Yet when God intervenes, a host of changes are set in motion that go on and on to multiply through time affecting many.

By one insignificant person, through Gods right hand, 10,000 cannot stand. Not even a contest. With God “IN” the heart of a mere child’s life… 10,000 in Cambodia or 10,000 in Thailand cannot stand against what God will do by His own right hand.

Who will be an insignificant person… with God “IN” their heart? Surely the children in Cambodia and Thailand will as they have known great changes due to Wooster Grace giving.

The question is… will we who need little, understand that with God “IN” our hearts… 10,000 in Wayne County cannot stand against what God will do by his own right hand?

Pursue God as it is he who sends and gives the victory…