Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Blogging from Asia

I will be in Asia from May 20 through June 5. I will try to blog from there as often as I can, including posting pictures, if I am able. You may find me at my blog. Or click on the link to the right of this page.

I am going on a fact-finding mission to Thailand, Burma, Cambodia and Vietnam. We have a great partnership with an organization called Asia's Hope, directed by my good friend, Pastor Dave Atkins. I will be traveling with him. I am familiar with their ministry in Cambodia, but not with the one in Thailand. So I am really looking forward to this opportunity. Asia's Hope focus on university students and orphans. Their work rescuing orphans and encouraging widows is commendable.

In Burma and Vietnam I will be checking on possible short-term mission opportunities for our church. I have always had an interest in Burma and am really excited to have a chance to get inside the country, hopefully, this time. There is some openness in Vietnam for teaching English at universities and I want to check that out as well.

Your prayers will be greatly appreciated. And please, pray for Naza and Joshua who are being left behind. Pray that the peace of God will be absolute in their hearts and in our house. Pray that Naza will feel relief from the physical pain she has been enduring lately. Pray for God's Spirit to lead my son, for His glory. And pray for decisions, very important ones, both my daughters will have to make soon. And for jobs too!

Pastor Ivanildo C. Trindade
itrindade@woostergrace.org

No comments: